How to Take Advantage of Social Media for Customer Service?
Social media is becoming more popular nowadays for business, and opportunities are expanding here. The use of social media for customer service has increased dramatically. Social media is an excellent customer service tool if it’s used correctly. Organizations that don’t take advantage of social media will lag and cannot outstand the competition.
The whole world now is moving online, and not taking advantage of this online world is a lousy business strategy. Consumers want to do business with people that listen to them, and by listening and communicating with consumers, you can outstand the competition. Now I will discuss the ways to take advantage of social media for customer service.
Advantage Of Social Media
It is recommended to take advantage of Facebook Messenger as it’s the second-largest messaging platform with almost 1.3billion users, and it’s very close to the top messaging app WhatsApp with 1.6 billion users. Before starting to provide customer service on social media, you have to tweak your messenger settings.
- Make sure that your page allows people to contact you privately. You can check that by going to the general settings of massages of your page, and there you will find a checkbox that allows people to contact you privately. Check that box if it is unchecked.
- Then you have to turn on “show a greeting,” and you also have to make sure that it’s updated because Facebook has an automated greeting feature. You have to update the massage according to the needs of your brand.
- Do not forget to set up automated responses. Because this is a beneficial tool, and this makes sure you are reaching everyone when you are not around. Empathy is much needed in communication, and automated messages can help individuals by providing all the essential information. You can spend more time connecting with the people who need one to one interaction. You can put different things as automated massages like away messages, contact information and also show the frequently asked questions and answers.
Now I will discuss the things you should do to take the full advantage of social media for customer service:
- By answering public questions openly, it shows to other customers that you are active, and you take customer opinions seriously. Your business will have a positive impression on the customers.
- Faster customer service. The involvement of social media in business made answering queries easier than ever before. Connecting to customers through social media is easy, and customers don’t have to wait for too long to get support. But your customer service agents can’t keep all the tabs open and respond to everyone the right way. To do that is to use a software that includes keyword-based monitoring and seek out relevant conversation to different channels and route them to the best eligible agent for the task. Through this, customers will feel confident about your brand, and it will keep you happy as they are always getting a fast response from you.
- It is efficient to communicate online. Your social service agents can be more productive because it will enhance their workflow, and they can handle more consumers than in contact centers. So, you have to set efficiency goals for your customer service team and use the right communication tools to make them happen.
- Social media posts have a wider reach and can reach a lot of people within a short time. You can broadcast information to a vast majority easily through social media than phone or by email. Because phone and email is one-to-one communication and it stays between two people, but social customer service is one-to-many communication. To take advantage of this, you have to develop fast, efficient, and social customer service that is driven by results. And you have to keep in mind that each response is the public representation of your brand.
- To keep your feed fresh and appealing, you can also mix it up with different types of media like pop culture or various events.
- Always listen to the customers carefully and gather the necessary information with full concentration because there is no chance of mistakes here, and you have to encourage your customer service agents to use this information for making a connection.
If you follow these tips and tricks, you will be able to make a good seller and consumer relationship, which is crucial for a positive impression of your business.